Chris, our great instructor at SkyDive Mauritius, shows us how to pack the parachute.
It starts right after a jump (even if it’s the last one)
1. Checking the lines of the parachute.
If everything is ok, then let’s go to the next step :
2. Installing the parachute on the good position
3. Then he starts to pack the parachute and takes care not cross the lines.
4. He takes off the air of the parachute to be able to pack it on the bag
5. The parachute is put on the bag
Once the air is removed, the parachute is packed on the bag that will be placed on the bagpack.
and the lines are well positionned
Now that the most complicated is done, it’s time to pack the first parachute, the one that slows the jump during the freefall
Our safety rules :
- The materials are checked at each jump
- A deeper verification is done each 25 jumps.
- All the lines are changed every 500 jumps
- The lifelength of a saile depends of multiples things;: We estimate it at 5,000 jumps. We have decided to change the sails every 3,500 jumps.